Platinum Material for Glass Melting Equipment
We offer glass melting equipment capable of withstanding harsh conditions that meet customer specifications.
Oxide (ZrO2)-dispersion-strengthened platinum materials are available to use with platinum equipment for producing high quality glass. Our platinum materials prevent the equipment or components from deforming at high temperatures, prolonging their service life. Platinum-rhodium and platinum-gold alloy dispersion strengthened materials are also available to suit customer specifications.
- Higher creep rupture strength and tensile strength at high temperature than conventional platinum materials
- Much longer service life than conventional platinum materials
- Smaller thickness with performance equivalent to that of conventional platinum materials
- Lower cost with a smaller amount of platinum used
Bushings for glass fiber production, optical glass production equipment, glass production equipment for electronic components, thin glass production equipment, crystal glass production equipment, etc.
Normal platinum (melted material)
- Because the aspect ratio (ratio of length and width) of the crystalline structure of oxide-dispersion-strengthened platinum is greater than that of normal platinum (melted material), creep strength becomes much higher and usage of precious metals can be reduced.
- Crystal growth at high temperatures is reduced.
Creep Rupture Strength of Various Platinum Materials (1400℃)
|Product name||Composition (wt%)||Melting point